Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fall for Burros Fun-raiser

Yesterday Carol, James and I attended the Fall for Burros Fun-Raiser at Longhopes Donkey Shelter in Bennett, Colorado.
The twenty dollar admission fee paid for a big Italian lunch complete with donkey cake,
donkey rides...
and a performance by the Top Hogs
All these things were pretty wonderful...
but the event's biggest attraction...
was the donkeys themselves!
James and I were delighted to reconnect with several of our favorite donkeys, including Annika...
 and Melody.
We also were delighted to meet the two near babies, McKenzie... 
and Landon.
My favorite donkey of the day was Elsa, a five year old standard jennet.
James has always gravitated towards special needs animals... 
so I wasn't surprised that his favorite was big, shy Ada. 
He spent a long time...
patiently gaining her trust.
Eventually his efforts were rewarded. 
This was a really fun day for donkeys...
and humans alike. 
I really can't say enough good things about Longhopes Donkey Shelter. It's one of my favorite places, and I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

3 comments:

  1. The only word I can think of is: beautiful. Beautiful place, beautiful pictures, beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Trying to figure out how I can get a donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the markings on Elsa!

    ReplyDelete