Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer

Ryan's last day of school was yesterday. James had an awards ceremony to attend this morning, and now he's done, too. 
Summer vacation isn't usually a very productive time for me, but maybe--hopefully--this year will be different. In an effort to build some momentum, I am trying to make something every day this week, even if it's just a little something. 
This bareback pad and matching cinch (that's two items, right?) was loosely based on a Nichelle Jones' tutorial. Because I am really not a seamstress, this took me a lot longer than I'd expected. I had to redo the stitching a couple times, and it's still not as straight or symmetrical as I'd like. Despite that, I think it turned out okay. 
Summer vacation is off to a good start. Here's hoping for ten weeks of sun, fun and tack!

6 comments:

  1. That is SO cute! I like leopard and I like pink... I hope other colors eventually surface... I'll certainly vote for sustaining momentum... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! Happy Summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! I like the leopard print. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, the tack is gorgeous! If it's okay to ask, what model horse is that? A Peter Stone? It's beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen B is a Brigitte Eberl Queenie resin painted by Pat Hefty. You can see more pictures of her here.

      Delete