Monday, December 15, 2014

The Carriage Parade

Last Saturday, Carol, James and I attended the Christmas Carriage Parade in Parker, Colorado.
Due to a small kitchen fire, we arrived later than planned.  We'd barely found a spot along the parade route... 
when the first horses walked past!
This is a "carriage parade"... 
so it's no surprise... 
that most of the entries... 
included some sort of horse drawn vehicle.
However, there were nearly as many riding groups, 
including multiple branches of law enforcement...
and lots of rodeo royalty. 
Some horses were led rather than driven or ridden...
and some of the horses...
weren't horses... 
at all! 
I think these two are supposed to be reindeer.  Or something. 
The theme of this year's parade was "Let it Snow" so snowflakes abounded. 
There were also a couple guest appearances by celebrities.  This is Anna and Elsa from Frozen,  
and this is the "horse of a different color"...
from the Wizard of Oz. 
And of course, no Christmas parade is complete without an appearance by Santa Claus.  Since there wasn't any snow on the ground, his sleigh had to ride in a wagon!
This is a great parade for horse lovers.  I'm glad we didn't miss it!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful - thanks for sharing!! I think my favorite was the draft police horse. Not involved with a carriage, but still.. way cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 8th picture is the part of the parade I was going to be in. The woman on the paint horse on the far left is my natural horsemanship trainer, Mrs. Tia. She had emailed me about supporting her in her "Her of Two" parade entry. I was going to do it, but then my mom and dad had plans and I couldn't with Ollie. Too bad, because I would have loved to be on your blog!!!
    ~CBL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you had been able to ride in the parade, too! Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully!!! I think Ollie and I would enjoy it!
      ~CBL

      Delete
  4. I *love* the mini pulling the cart with the teddy bear! I'm adding it to my list of things to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small kitchen fire???

    ReplyDelete