Friday, December 5, 2014

Early Christmas

Christmas is still twenty days away, but Santa made an early delivery with help from my friend, Margaret Balch.
Everyone should be so lucky as to receive a box like this. 
Inside there were four beautifully wrapped gifts, each with an attached story card.
I absolutely hate storing large lengths of leather lace off the spool.  These will be put to good use! 
Technically this one is not a gift, he's a trade.
Meet Castillo, a bay going grey Andalusian by Sheila Bishop. 
My first Alborozo.  I am smitten! 
Another story card.  
I love knowing the provenance of my models.  It makes them so much more interesting!
This story card made me hyperventilate.  
I seriously had to take a moment and gather myself before I unwrapped the package and revealed this beauty.
 Upwey Brass is a customized Stone Morgan by Tiffany Purdy.  
Thank you so much, Margaret.  I am amazed and humbled by your generosity.  This has already been the best Christmas ever!

10 comments:

  1. I love the Latigo and Alborozo! You're so lucky! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably had as much fun wrapping everything and coming up with things to write (without spoiling what was inside) as you had opening them! I seriously love this time of year, and love spreading "joy and cheer" (could that sound any more cliché? Haha). I even signed up for a worldwide Secret Santa exchange (http://redditgifts.com/exchanges/#/status/secret-santa-2014/) just so I could shop and wrap things for someone I don't even know. I think I may have a problem...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good kind of problem to have!

      I participated in a hobby gift exchange this year, and I had so much fun picking out things and making stuff for my recipient. I spent a lot of time on her gifts, and I really thought I had knocked it out of the park... At least until I saw your gift box. Now, I'm thinking my efforts were perhaps not as awesome they could been. LOL.

      The worldwide exchange sounds fun. If I remember (and that's a big if), I'll sign up for that next year.

      :)

      Delete
    2. Oh I trust that your gifts are just as awesome! I wish I had the talent to make things, sadly I'm just not crafty at all. I always get these grand visions of things I'd like to try to make and then I try making them and they turn out nothing like I envisioned (ie they look like crap! hah!). You have a great talent for creating things and I think your recipient will be thrilled!!

      This is the first time I've done the Reddit Secret Santa exchange, and I've had a blast coming up with gifts for my recipient. I am intrigued to see what I may get from my Santa as well, and I'm kind of already looking forward to a new person next year. :)

      Delete
    3. One of the things I made for my recipient was really not my usual style. It's worthy of a blog post, but not until she's opened everything up!

      :)

      Delete
  3. I'm jealous! Latigo is at the top of my OF wants list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to have him. He's definitely the "it horse" as far as current OF performance models go, but beyond that, it's a really nice paint job!

      Delete
  4. I need your friends. And your tack skills. And your ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooft, clearly you've been VERY good this year! XD
    That Alborozo though.... *gapes*

    ReplyDelete