Thursday, December 25, 2014

Horsey holiday

Although I didn't ask for any horse themed gifts this year, Santa--and my friends--know me pretty well.  Here's a look at some of the things that made this a most horsey holiday.

My friend, Carol, gave me two Appaloosa ponies...
and a brand new saddle rat.  Unlike our other saddle rats, this one actually sits still for photos. 
My new doll from Anne Field didn't arrive empty handed.
She came with an assortment of mini food, made by Anne herself.
I love Anne's food almost as much as I love her dolls, and I am happy to have these new additions to my 1:9 scale world. 
This adorable Kristina Lucas-Francis Little Kisses resin came from Janna Shepherd
I was pleased to discover she's completely three dimensional--no flat bottom here!
And look!  She already has a mama to call her own.
Erin Corbett sent a donkey, two chocolate bars and a bunch of little leather pieces.
Hmmmmmm.  I wonder what these are for?
Finally, I got a catalog and a Christmas card from Breyer.  Probably a lot of hobbyists got catalogs, but the card made me feel pretty special.  Thanks, Breyer! 
And thanks also to Carol, Anne, Janna, Erin and all my other friends and hobbyists.  I appreciate each and everyone of you.  Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. Are you going to paint the resin to match Cuter Than Meeka?
    Any idea how to fix a cheap plastic/rubber warped leg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's going to be a pintaloosa just like her mom. but I'm not going to paint her. That's a job for Tiffany!

      As for the warped leg--the only way I know to fix that is to insert a wire or pin. That's a fair amount of work. May not be worthwhile for a cheap horse.

      Delete
    2. Oh of course Tiffany Purdy is going to paint her, I'd never had guessed! XD She'll be sooo cute when she's done!

      The horse was from my aunt, and in my country there's not much model horses in sight so I'll be fixing that warped leg. Thanks for the advice! :)

      I feel so honoured talking to you, even through your blog, because the tack you make is extremely realistic, and the fact that you have enough patience to be able to make tack in miniature is epic.

      Delete
  2. You got some neat horsie things there, Jennifer. And that mini food is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a dork. I'm actually trying to build performance set-ups around my mini food collection.

      :D

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you like Little Kisses. Merry Christmas! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her! She's so cute and will make a perfect mini-Meeka. I can't wait to see her all painted up!

      Delete
  4. I build performance around mini food on occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems totally reasonable to me.

      :)

      Delete