Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It had to be done

A couple days ago, Ryan came into my studio.  He had a big smile on his face, a cell phone in one hand and his horse mask in the other.

He handed me the phone and said, "You're not going to like this, but it needs to be done."

I looked at the screen and saw a picture of a dog wearing a horse mask.  The dog looked absolutely miserable.

"You're right," I said, "I don't like it."

Ryan was not that easily deterred.  "Come on, Mom," he said.  "It's funny and our dogs are the right color.  We need to do it."

"Hmmmm."  I looked at the picture again, and realized he was right.  It was funny, and it needed to be done.

So we did it.
Emma went first. 
She wasn't a fan, but she did pose nicely.
Then it was Darcy's turn. 
Darcy is a lot smarter than Emma and immediately figured out how to get out of the mask. 
It took a lot of patience (and dog biscuits) to get this one photo. 
The evil genius and his horse-dog hybrid. 
Ryan was right.  That needed to be done.

7 comments:

  1. You guys are a hoot.... Ryan was right....you just HAD to do it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ryan is often right. Just don't tell him I said that.

      :)

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering if insanity rules in your household.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha evil genius indeeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love our pets for dealing with our antics lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty cushy job being a Buxton dog. I figure they can spot us a few minutes of weirdness every so often.

      Delete
  5. OMG, that's too funny!

    ReplyDelete