Friday, November 7, 2014

Living the dream

Every horse crazy mother dreams of riding with her kids, and I am no exception.

Over the years, we've gone on a few family rides on rental horses, and I've given my kids some informal riding lessons.  We've never, however, gone riding together by ourselves...  At least not until last week!

The kids were on Fall Break and I had access to two good trail horses, so James and I saddled up Santana...
and Sprite...
and headed out!
We crossed the river...
several times...
and rode through the trees...
and up on the main road.
For some reason, James can't seem to remember the name "Santana" and kept referring to his mount as "Satan."  Fortunately, Santana was not offended and did not try to live up to his new moniker.  Instead, he was his usual saintly self.
Hugs...
and treats for the best trail horse ever. 
This ride lived up to all my expectations.  I had such a wonderful time.  It was honestly a dream come true.  

Now if I could just get Ryan to ride with me...

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the last sentence! Hey, at least you have one sort of horsey kid! Lol XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a really nice time together - and James looks like he's having a blast with Santana :)

    ReplyDelete