Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful

A little more than thirteen months ago, my horse and I had a hard fall over a little jump.  I hit the ground first, breaking my collarbone on impact.  Rev went down beside me, and rolled on top of my left leg.  He was fully upside down, balanced precariously on my shin, and for a moment which seemed like an eternity, I thought he was going to roll over my entire body.

He didn't.

The next several months were spent recovering from what did happen.  It wasn't until much later that I allowed myself to really think about what almost happened.

Here's one thing I know for sure:  I am so thankful.

My life isn't perfect, but it's mine, and I am thankful for everyone and everything in it.  If you're reading this blog, that includes you.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! What a beautiful and wise post for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Jennifer! I hope you had a fantastic day and I too am so thankful that you did not get hurt worse than you did!
    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving (a day late). I think we are all all thankful you weren't more seriously injured in that fall last year. I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "My life isn't perfect, but it's mine, and I am thankful for everyone and everything in it."

    I love it! Thank you for a great post. I'm so glad you healed up okay.

    ReplyDelete