Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Easy rider

Starting with Snickers and Chief and continuing all the way to Rev and Mystyc, I've spent most of my life riding other people's problem horses.

Not anymore!  Or at least not right now.  For the last few weeks, I've been splitting time between Sprite...
and Santana... 
and neither one of them could ever be considered a problem. 
These are two sweet, steady, solid horses...
 with just enough sass to make them interesting!
We've had some wonderful rides together, both solo...
and with friends.

Kristina on Toby and Karen on Bob
Eventually, I'll probably want something a little more challenging...
Settle down, Santana!
but for the time being, I'm really enjoying these two wonderful and easy horses.

6 comments:

  1. Is that the same Kristina who had Kahlua? Is Toby new or did she have him, too?

    Glad you're getting in some rides on different horses, especially ones that aren't problematic. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good memory! That is the same Kristina. She's owned Toby for five months now, and he is a worthy successor to Kahlua. Such a sweet boy and as Kristina says, "He's the handsomest!"

      :)

      Delete
    2. I just now saw this. I have a pretty good memory on a lot of things and i remember being heartbroken for Kristina when she lost her Kahlua. I'm glad she's found a new equine partner. He's a looker for sure.

      Delete
  2. Haha! Settle down, Santana! I love it! Can't wait to see what your next post is about! Btw, I love how sprite is strutting in the 5th pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's definitely something to be said for steady, solid horses - glad you're having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sprite is gorgeous and I love that little white bit at her elbow - it kinda looks like it's slipped down off her shoulder!

    ReplyDelete