Monday, August 4, 2014

Road trip wrap up

On the last day of our road trip, Carol and I got up bright and early and headed to Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
Located near Amarillo in the heart of the Texas panhandle, Palo Duro Canyon is the second largest canyon in the United States, measuring one hundred twenty miles in length and as much as twenty miles at its widest.
We spent a couple wonderful hours driving through the canyon...
and stopping...
to admire the scenery.
It was during this time that I finally remembered to take some travel photos of Meeka
I'd brought her on the trip thinking I'd snap her picture at all points of interest.
That didn't happen. 
In fact, prior to Palo Duro Canyon, I'd only managed to take one picture of Meeka, and that was inside my little Memphis apartment.  
Oh well!  As Tiffany says, everyone needs a little Purdy in their life.  I enjoyed having her with me, even if all she did was decorate my nightstand at each stop.
The hours passed quickly, and before we knew it, it was time to get back in the Fiat and head home.
Like every stop on this trip, our visit to Palo Duro Canyon was much too short.  From start to finish, this was a most excellent road trip.  I hope Carol and I will have a chance to do this again in the not-too-distant future!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. that's what i was thinking!!!! ~megan mankevich

      Delete
  2. Great photos! Reminds me of my travel horse :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horses prohibited?! Definitely end of the trail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother who lived in Amarillo used to paint beautiful landscapes of Palo Duro. This brings back memories of some of her artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful horse and scenery!

    -Kelsey Roe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. And interesting about how big the canyon is !

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!the scenery is breathtaking!!!! I meant the horse...just kidding!!! little meeka AND the view is beautiful !!!!! ~MEGAN MANKEVICH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I am sure the Meeka enjoyed the trip with you. She is one pretty pony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meeka is soooo adorable!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe you miss me you really miss me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm tickled I'm not the only person who photographs model horses in weird places.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, That is amazing! That scenery just left me in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What resin is Meeka?
    ~AHG488

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful scenery! Love the horse:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that picture of her on the sign

    ReplyDelete
  16. totally off topic, but how would a breyer Cleveland bay show in Dressage?
    ~ AHG488

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grrr...let's see if that still works! Gorgeous scenery, thanks for sharing! I love the shots of Meeka breaking the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww looks like something I would do with my horses!
    ~Saraht17

    ReplyDelete