Monday, August 18, 2014

Post weekend show report

My life has been a little more complicated than usual, and I haven't had the time or energy for blogging.  Fortunately, thanks to Shana Bobbit, there is a post today!

These photos were taken at the recent Sweet Onion Live 3, which was held August 1o a the Rogers Adventist School in College Place, Washington.  Here is a wide shot of the show hall, with judge, Leah Koerper in the foreground.
This is the Awards Table. Bordertown Feed and Supply donated the Overall Grand Champion award model "Aurelius"...
and Jerry Lee Bobbitt created the beautiful black walnut wood magnets for the grand champions.
This was a big multi-division live show with twenty four open showers and five youth showers competing in eight divisions: Of Breyer/Other Plastics,  
 China,
 Artist Resins,
 Performance,
 Customs,
OF Stone,
OF Plastic Mini,
 and Youth.
This is youth shower, Ellie posing with three of her winning entries -- "Anything Goes" of a horse getting a bath which won her an Honorable Mention overall award, Western Performance entry, and Mare & Foal entry.  The Mare also won the "Most Loved" class.  As an aside, I think this is quite possibly the cutest live show win picture I've ever seen!
At the end of the day, all the horses who were awarded a Grand or Reserve Championship were returned to the judging table for the Overall Show Championship.  Each judge was given two tickets to vote on their favorites. In this case, there was a tie, so everyone received one additional ticket for the tie breaker.
Overall winners! A lovely Custom Mini Percheron and a spotted AR pony. Congrats! 
Additional photos from this show can be found on Grace Ledoux's blog, Stage Left Studios.  Congratulations to all the winners, and heartfelt thanks to Shana for allowing me to share her photos!

7 comments:

  1. Teehee, I'm on your blog! I feel special. Judging the kid's division was fun and oh so cute- especially the performance classes and my very favorite, the "Painted By Owner" class.

    I really tried to win that Aurelius for you... alas my Reserve Champ Performance horse couldn't touch the perfection of those two Supreme Champs. The Percheron is owned by Amy Widman and (I think) is sculpted and painted by Melanie Miller. The AR Pony is owned by Barb Ness and is a vintage piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the additional info and for thinking of me in regards to that Aurelius. I had a couple people offer me theirs in trade, but alas, life has been complicated and I haven't yet added him to my herd. One of these days!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know Grace had a blog! Thank you for the pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that's familiar! I just love this show. Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The competition in the open looks tuff! I love the oliver resin though! Been wanting him for a while now haha.

    ReplyDelete