Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summertime blues

I've lost all my momentum. I haven't made a single thing since last Thursday's boot debacle.

That would be ok if not for this one fact--NAN and Breyerfest are right around the corner. People are counting on me. I have an auction set to finish. Summer vacation or no summer vacation, I need to get cracking.

With that in mind, I decided I would spend the morning working in my studio. Unfortunately, that proved to be impossible. My work desk was so messy that there simply wasn't room to work.
It's been several months since I've seriously cleaned my work area. Oh, I've tidied up between projects, but little by little, the clutter has taken over. It's no wonder I haven't felt like working--this desk is a disaster. I get tired just looking at it.

So, I decided to put off the NAN Auction set for one more day and concentrate on cleaning instead. I cleared the desktop. I organized my supplies. I put new horses on the shelves. I vacuumed the rugs. I washed the dog beds. I even washed the dogs.
The end result--a clean and inviting workspace.
It even smells good in here.
The NAN orders still aren't done, but this has been a pretty good day in the studio. Hopefully, tomorrow will be even better!

6 comments:

  1. Good job, old gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie is so darling! But I bet she wasn't so thrilled with your burst of energy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Abbie! :) If you're still in the mood to clean, I have a bunch of barn stuff that needs cleaning :D (Horse not included!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Abbie wasn't thrilled with being included in the clean-a-thon. I hardly ever bathe her anymore. She's so frail and pitiful underneath all that hair and it kind of depresses me to see the truth. She and I met each other sixteen years ago this month. :)

    ReplyDelete