Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kim's BreyerWest report

Today's pictures are courtesy of Kim Haymond, who recently made the trek from Kansas to California to compete at the big BreyerWest live show which was held in conjunction with the Western States Horse Expo in Sacramento, California.

Things started off well in the harness class with Kim's two entries winning first and third. You may remember these harnesses from earlier this year. They're both tiny. The pony harness is small classic and the Arab harness is Pebbles scale.
I was worried that they would be excessively difficult to work with, but I had forgotten how skillful mini performance showers can be. Kim actually took the pony out of the harness after the first class, showed him in another class, and then put the harness back on for this driven parade entry. That's just crazy! Happily, her efforts were rewarded with second place and another NAN card.
Kim's little Arab also showed in the English division wearing a tack set I made last year.
He did well enough to be named champion of the English Performance division...
as well as Overall Reserve Champion.
Woo hoo! Congratulations Kim and thank you so much for sending the photos and show report.

8 comments:

  1. Wow... way too many small buckles and straps for me! I have enough trouble getting english bridles properly adjusted on my traditional scale models! But those are some very impressive entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eventing setup and the patriotic parade entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I have a trad fence that's a LOT like that event fence...

    Props to you, Kim, for the mini showing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I'm more impressed by the tack or by the skill of putting it on! Congrats to both Jennifer and Kim - beautiful entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words everyone, and thanks again to Jennifer and her amazing tack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very welcome, Kim,and trust me, that tack wouldn't look nearly as amazing in the hands of most people. I bow to your superior tacking and untacking skillz. I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, all I can say is WOW! Thanks for posting the pictures and for the wonderful eventing tips. The Braymere blog is always the highlight of my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... those are amazing! I actually make Stablemate tack myself, and only one harness has made it out of the studio (without being ripped to shreds, haha!), and even then I cheated with buckles that didn't actually work (sticky wax is just SO much easier.. ;)
    Hats off to you for such amazing tiny tack!

    ReplyDelete