Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rachel's TJS donations

Between us, Jennifer Scott and I could make all the prizes for the Jennifer Show. However, that doesn't fit with our vision for this event. Instead of being just another competition, we truly want the Jennifer Show to be a celebration of model horse art and artists.

To that end, we've been asking a lot of the most talented people we know to consider donating a little (or not so little) something. My friend and fellow tackmaker, Rachel Fail, was one of the first people to say yes.
Her package arrived yesterday, and I couldn't be more pleased. Inside, I found three pairs of one of Rachel's signature items, her wonderful, stretchy sports medicine boots.
I just love these boots. They look great and are so easy to use. It's no wonder they've become a go-to item for the serious performance shower.
But that's not all... Rachel also sent the neatest trophy breastcollar. Oh, I am so in love with this piece!
Rachel's attention to detail is evident in every part of this breastcollar.  The lettering is extremely well done...
and  just look at that tug strap! It might be a tackmaker thing, but I really appreciate those nice, clean holes and the perfect, cast tongue buckle.
I am so excited to be able to offer prizes of this caliber to the Jennifer Show entrants. Thank you so much Rachel. You are as generous as you are talented!

3 comments:

  1. Great prizes! I love those swedge buckles. I use them on halters all the time now. Where did Rachael find letter stamps small enough though or did she trace them freehand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. WOW! They are so perfect that I was assuming stamps. Now I want to keep this even more!

      Delete