Friday, April 22, 2016

Cake

Yesterday, Breyer published pictures of the second release in the 2016 Premier Collection. Shannondell is a Shire stallion sculpted by my friend and follow Coloradan, Karen Gerhardt.
 He is available in two versions--loose mane...
and braided. 
Shannondell is Karen's second Breyer. Her first, the Cleveland Bay, was released ten years ago.
Last month at BreyerWest, Jamie surprised Karen... 
with a Cleveland Bay birthday cake. 
Everyone got a piece.
Until...
there was... 
 only one piece left.
Yep, that one's Leah's! 
 Happy birthday, Cleveland Bay, and congratulations, Karen, on another wonderful contribution to the Breyer line-up!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful model. I'm a Breyer PC member this year so I'm excited to be getting Shannondell. All my current draft models have loose manes so I picked the plaited version. I plan on making him a show harness. Congrats to Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely collect original finish models at all, but I can't wait to get my hands on Shannondell. Karen did a fantastic job on him!

      :D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Karen! The Cleveland Bay is so amazing... I can't wait to see what the hobby does with this model!

    ReplyDelete