Thursday, February 25, 2016

Muscatina

I met Tiffany Purdy through a MH$P ad in January 2008. She was selling a nifty, customized Valor resin, which was way outside my usual price range. Fotunately, the ad mentioned the possibility of a tack trade. I sent an email and then another and another and another. In the end, I got that Valor.
More importantly, I made a new best friend.
Tiffany's main performance horse at the time was a customized Eberl Muscat resin named Muscatina. 
I loved Muscatina and featured her in one of my earliest blog posts.
At the end of the show season, Tiffany offered to give her to me. I wanted to say yes, but I knew then, as I still know now, that Tiffany is too generous for her own good. Model horses are a business for her, as well as a hobby. Much as I would like to, I can't let her give them all away. 

So Muscatina disappeared down the road not taken.

In the years since then, a lot of Purdy horses have come...
and gone.
I've had serious crushes...
on a lot of them.
I know I can't own them all,
but secretly, I'm always hoping that someday some of them will find their way back to me.
Finally, one has... and it's Muscatina!
I can not tell you how happy I am to finally have this girl in hand.
It's been a long wait, but she is worth every minute.
Thank you to Heather for selling to me, and of course, thanks also to Tiffany for filling my shelves with Purdy horses. I can't imagine this hobby, or my life, without you in it!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! This just made my day and you put my favorite picture of us on the post!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE YOU,TOO!!! and this post needed that picture!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet story!!!! I wish I could say that if I were you I wouldn't have been greedy enough to take Muscatina the first time, but unfortunately I cannot though. I think I started tearing up when I got to the end. I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful mare! I love her expression... SO cute!
    It seems like Tiffany can't send you a horse you don't like... has there been one you haven't loved?

    P.S. Gorgeous chestnut horse with the twist-y braided mane. Do you know what her name is?
    P.P.S. Love the bucking... is that a ze-donk? Such a crabby face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fuzzy liver chestnut pony in the second photo... *so* cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!

    Chip needs to get out more btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all need to get out more. It's been forever since I've entered rather than judged a show.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely addition! Love Chip too, such a handsome horse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice story! I guess that just goes to show that this horse was meant to be yours all along.

    ReplyDelete