Tuesday, February 9, 2016

BreyerWest bound

I just bought a plane ticket so now it's officially official: Next month I will travel to Albany, Oregon to attend BreyerWest.
BreyerWest is a Breyer sanctioned event held in conjunction with the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo.
This three day weekend promises to be filled with all sorts of horsey goodness of both the real and model varieties.
For me, it will be a working vacation. I will be judging at the Open Show on Friday...
and teaching workshops on performance showing and halter making on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
I am really looking forward to BreyerWest. If you live in the area, please plan to attend, and while you're there, hunt me down and say hello!

13 comments:

  1. Have fun at BreyerWest! Please post some pictures... I am dying to see all the cuties!
    P.S. Who made the hunter set up in the second-to-last picture? Beautiful model... she's now on my 'I need it now!!" list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *think* that's Erin Corbett's entry. If so, the saddle is by Jennifer Kistler, the bridle by me and the props by Kim and Kathi Haymond.

      Delete
    2. That's correct! The horse is Tiramisu, a raffle strapless from 2009 I believe.

      Delete
    3. Tiramisu is just so cute! Just *love* his color... now he's on my 'I need that model NOW' list!

      Delete
    4. Sorry--didn't mean to be repetitive!

      Delete
  2. *Sigh* if only I lived in Oregon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HURRAH! So excited for Breyerwest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says we get a Traditional horse for the halter making model see: 1pm - 3pm How to make a leather halter with Jennifer Buxton
    Jennifer Buxton, accomplished tack maker and owner of the Braymere Custom Saddlery Blog, will teach participants how to make a traditional scale leather stable halter. Participants will leave with a finished halter, as well as a Traditional scale Breyer horse they will receive as their halter model! Do you have any idea of what horse it might be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my understanding that workshop participants are supposed to bring their own model. Breyer will supply the tack and tools to make a halter, but not the horses.

      Delete
    2. Oh, ok Breyer is confusing sometimes. I LOVE THE EXAMPLE HALTERS! I might come, I love your work.

      Delete
    3. You should definitely come. It promises to be a most excellent weekend!

      Delete
    4. Actually, participants will get a trad scale model with their $15 registration fee! I don't know what one they will decide on, I sent a list of about 10 options.

      Delete
  5. WOW! That's cool. What a great deal for all the workshop participants!

    ReplyDelete