Thursday, November 1, 2012

Just say no

A couple months ago, Tiffany sent me a box of goodies which included this teeny tiny Hagen Renaker foal.
I don't collect minis, but every now and then I entertain delusions notions of making small scale tack.  Because of this, I have a sheet of near microscopic hardware lurking in the bottom of one of my supply boxes.
You know where this is going, right? 
I'm not going to lie--this basic foal slip halter wasn't that hard to make...
However, it took me more than an hour to get the damn thing on Minnow's head!
Yes, I am so glad to have gotten that out of my system.  I think I can go another couple years without working in this scale again, thank you very much!

8 comments:

  1. your post made me laugh :) but that is to cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEAL!!!! Only would be better if it was pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to track down a sheet of that hardware! Maybe I could add it onto the bits I need to buy, too. Sigh, keeping in hardware is no fun. That halter is adorable, though! I love making foal slips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never occurred to me to make it pink!

    I bought the hardware from The World of Model Horse Collecting on eBay. It's not designed specifically for model horses, and honestly, I don't know what some of the pieces are supposed to be. I used the two *biggest* buckles on the sheet for this halter. They fit over a piece of lace that is 1/32" wide. That's crazy small. The pictures are so much larger than life size, even on my little laptop. I don't know how anyone (yes, I'm talking to you, Anna!!!!) can work in this scale and not go stark raving mad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're already a little mad, so it's not much of a leap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ITS SO CRAZILY TINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree, it would look good pink. ;)

    ReplyDelete