Friday, November 23, 2012

Jaime's Dante

Several months ago, I published an "Almost wordless Wednesday" post featuring multiple pictures of this lovely Appaloosa mare.  
A few days later, I was contacted by finishwork artist, Jaime Baker.  She loved the mare as much as I did and asked permission to use my pictures for painting reference.  I couldn't say yes fast enough.  Jaime is one of the hobby's premier Appaloosa painters.  I knew she would do an amazing job of translating that pattern onto plastic.

I was right.
This is "In Living Color."  
He is a  customized Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig Dante resin.
This is not a portrait model.  If you look carefully you will see some differences between my pictures...
and Jaime's horse.
Still, the essence of the Appaloosa pattern...
remains the same and is rendered in exquisite detail. 
Make that exquisite and microscopic detail--this model measures just four and a quarter inches tall and four and a half inches long!
If you would like to add this amazing model to your collection, be sure to check out his eBay auction.  Bidding closes this evening, so don't procrastinate.  This is truly a special model and I am tickled to have had a small part in his creation.

3 comments:

  1. It's always so awesome to see model horses look so close to what their real life counterparts do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still amazes me that people can put so much detail into such tiny models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever get my hands on a Dante, I'm going to have him be an appaloosa or pinto. He's so dynamic that he deserves an eye catching color, and boy, did Jaime Baker do Dante and the real life appaloosa justice! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete