Friday, September 7, 2012

The joy of receiving

So far this week I've shipped eighteen models to new homes.  I have another dozen horses set aside to go out as soon as my box supply has been replenished.  It's fair to say that I've spent a lot of time reflecting on the joy of giving.

Today, however, I also got to experience the joy of receiving.
My gift horse is a beautiful bay tobiano Stoneleigh Surprise.  Although I was happy with the grulla, this is the one I really wanted. 
He's even prettier in person.  I can't remember the last time I was this enchanted with an original finish model. 
But wait--there's more: 
Have you ever seen anything so cute and shiny and tiny?  
I don't really collect minis or clinkies so I have no idea why Tiffany thought this should belong to me.  Not that I'm complaining.  I am ridiculously pleased with my new gift horses.  Hope everyone who's received a horse from me feels the same.

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorites of the Surprise models this year! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippe! The Buxton box arrived today!!!

    It was like Christmas and I was like a little kid unwrapping a present from Santa! But oh my gosh, when I saw what was inside....the surprise pony & your note...they both brought tears to my eyes!

    "Drummerboy" has a forever home on my shelf and I hope to do his little companion justice in the customizing department.

    Although I'm not a kid anymore, I just wanted you to know that you made me feel like a kid again, receiving these so special ponies!

    Thank you so much, you are one in a million!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so fortunate to have had such good giving and receiving experiences today. Evelyn, you are one in a million, too. I am so glad you're pleased with Drummerboy and his little friend. Hope everyone else likes their new horses at least half as much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little one *IS* adorable.

    So, does that open up two more horses that you'll need to send out?

    Perhaps a list

    I will only ever have "X number" of showable models.

    I will only ever have "Y number" of in progress models

    I will only ever have "Z number" of 'body parts' models

    That's how we stop clutter... which is why I have clutter! :) Can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not that disciplined. Plus, in order for that method to work, I'd have to do a head count, and you know, I really do NOT want to know how many I have. Denial is my friend.

    In this particular case, anyway, the equation is balanced. I got the tobiano so I gave the grulla away. The clinky doesn't count because she's less so little.

    :D

    ReplyDelete