Saturday, November 5, 2011

Rat race

It's Breeders' Cup day and Basil is really excited.
So excited, in fact, that she asked to reenact the Filly and Mare Sprint.  Here she is checking her odds during the post parade.
Now she is awaiting the starter's signal. 
And away she goes!  Woo hoo--just look at that speed!
Here is a short video clip of Basil's race.  Don't blink or you might miss it.  She is that fast.
And just for the record, Basil is backing Havre de Grace in the Classic.  Girl power all the way!

8 comments:

  1. Jennifer, you are just toooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what all the different numbers and such mean on the tote board? I need to make one for a project, but I can't decipher everything and I don't want to make it incorrect for my scene. Any tips would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves your racing rat. He asked why the saddle was so small, so now he knows something about saddles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't make the tote board (it's a Sandy Lyles piece) so I haven't ever researched what goes where. Sorry I can't be more help. I've been watching your little racing project as it progresses over on your blog, and it's going to be AWESOME when you finish it!

    Basil really wanted to wear a number cloth during this photo shoot, but her groom was disorganized and couldn't find it. Oh well. She still looks pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute, your energetic race rat!
    I always love to see her adventures.

    Greetings from Germany, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. about time that tote board and track piece got used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing those pics! The video of Basil running her race is too cute!

    ReplyDelete