I love tackmaking and I love writing about tackmaking so most of the time I enjoy updating my blog daily.
Every now and then, however, I get stuck.
In case it's not obvious--this is one of those times. I still haven't finished Tiffany's saddleseat set. It's so close, but I just can't seem to get the browband to look the way I want it to. It's frustrating making the same thing over and over again and right now my studio feels more like a prison than a sanctuary.
Similarly, blogging has become a chore.
Saturday I fought through the writer's block by posting some pictures from my "ideas" file. It wasn't a great post, but I was still disappointed when it didn't get any comments. I know I shouldn't care about stuff like that, but I do.
Yesterday, I decided to avoid the problem by going for a long drive in the mountains with my family. That was a lot of fun, but unfortunately it did nothing to awaken my creative muse.
So today I had to try something different. I decided to make something really easy that was not related to Tiffany's set. This is what I came up with:It's no masterpiece--and neither is this whiny post!--but at least I'm trying...
Maybe tomorrow will be better!