Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jumper tack

Because of the inherent difficulty of buckling and unbuckling teeny tiny straps, performance showers tend to avoid unnecessary tack changes like the plague.  A horse showing in the English division is likely to wear the same basic tack set in every single class.  Extras like boots and breastplates may be added and subtracted, but usually the saddle and bridle stay firmly in place.  As a result, the vast majority of my English bridle orders are for a basic hunter type snaffle bridle.  

There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but this is so much more fun!
Heather's new jumper bridle features several distinctly non-hunter components.  Note the bling-y browband, gag bit with rope cheek pieces, figure 8 noseband and faux rubber reins. 
Heather also gets a matching stud guard girth.  
I really enjoy making this kind of specialized tack.  Thanks for the great order, Heather.  I sure hope you're pleased with the results!

7 comments:

  1. That is just.....wow....awesome!!! It looks full size real!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vicky. I have to admit that I am particularly pleased with the way this one turned out!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tiny little gag bit! My goodness <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. This is still one of my favorites, too!

      Delete