Friday, October 28, 2011

Kim's BreyerWest report

BreyerWest 2011 was held October 21st and 22nd in conjunction with the Grand National Rodeo in San Francisco, California.  I did not attend, but prop-maker and mini performance shower extraordinaire Kim Haymond was kind enough to send along this report.
I showed one of the harnesses in a marathon driving entry, with harness by you, horse customized and painted by Tiffany Purdy, cart by Bill Duncan, and diorama and driver/groom by me and was awarded first place! 
I showed one of the harnesses in a marathon driving entry, with harness by you, horse customized and painted by Tiffany Purdy, cart by Bill Duncan, and diorama and driver/groom by me and was awarded first place! 
The classic scale pony and harness came back a few classes later (after a tack change for a different class and re-harnessing) to do a street parade entry, where it won a first place and went on to Reserve Champ of the Other Performance division!  I know I've said it before, but I continue to be amazed at these harnesses, they are so detailed and realistic but also easy to use and adjust, they are just perfect.
Thanks so much, Kim.  I always love your show reports but I have to disagree with you about those little harnesses.  They are not easy to put on, at least not for those of us accustomed to the "big" scales!

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't even want to try - eyesight bad enough already! But nice job, ladies, those setups are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That first entry is just something else! I particularly like the detail of the splashes in the stream from the wheels going through, seconds before!

    ReplyDelete