Thursday, June 15, 2017

Trillium

We were introduced through a Craig's List ad, and it was love at first sight, at least for me.
I took one look at her soft eye...
and amazing dapples and decided that I was going to lease her, no matter how she rode.
Fortunately, she rode just fine!
Less than a month into my lease, Trillium moved from Parker to Big Iron Ranch in Watkins. It was a longer drive for me, but I decided the pony was worth it.
 We spent the next fourteen months together, dabbling in dressage,
jumping, 
pretend trail,
real trail...
She was such a good pony.
In the fall of the fall of 2012, Trillium's owner realized her lifelong dream of owning horse property... in Bennett. I was happy for her, but sad for me as that was just too long a drive. I took one last lesson on Trilli, gave her a big kiss and wished her a long and happy life.
I visited Trillium again in 2014, and it seemed as if my wish for her had come true. She had a new lease rider who loved her and was living in a big field with all her friends and lots of food.
Sadly, the her life, though happy, was not meant to be long. Two weeks ago, I ran into Trillium's owner at the Colorado Horse Park and learned that sad news that she had died from an aggressive form of cancer.
Godspeed, Trillium. You are missed. 

9 comments:

  1. Aww. Sad to lose them at any time, but even more so when it is too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Such a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was a wonderful horse, and I hope she is now without pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry JenniferšŸ˜¢ She was such a sweet girl.Wishing you comfort in this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get teary eyed and choked up when I hear of a sad ending like this.
    So sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's heartbreaking. That must have been the most devastating shock to the system. Thankfully she got to experience good relationships with her people & a place she could truly call her own in her final years. :^?

    RIP Trillium. ♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet girl! So sorry to hear of her passing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry to hear about Trillium.

    ReplyDelete