Sunday, June 18, 2017

Small distractions

I've been dreading my first fatherless Father's Day, so today I decided to take a break from Breyerfest tack and make something just for myself. In this case, that something was a set of 1:9 scale Just About Horses magazines, which were created using one of Nichelle Jones' awesome printables.
That went well, so I was inspired to play with some of her other printable selections, specifically the mini bathing supplies. Nichelle made her bottles from polymer clay, but that seemed hard so I used a cut down dollhouse wine bottle instead.
This isn't entirely new territory for me. Long before I started this blog, I created a set of supplements using pre-made wooden tubs and labels cut from tack catalogs. 
I have a surprisingly good selection of 1:9 scale bottles and containers leftover from that project. Eventually, I hope to pair all of these with more of Nichelle's nifty labels
Of course, that will have to wait until after Breyerfest!

3 comments:

  1. Those are neat! I haven't done anything with printables, yet. I got my first ever 1:9 doll at BW, so I might have to make him some stuff... ;) I feel like getting into dolls and making things for them (in addition to wanting to make ALL the things for horses) could be a slippery slope for me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continually inspire me... keep on sharing your stuff..hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made my day. ^_^ And I really like your method of cutting down an existing bottle instead of sculpting one!

    ReplyDelete