Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Beat the heat

Today is the first day of summer, and Colorado is celebrating with record breaking heat.
That's too hot to ride, unless, of course, you get up really, really early. That's what Janet and I did today. 
She rode her Quarter Horse mare, Cheyenne...
and I rode her Mustang gelding, Stetson.
Isn't he cute?
We stayed down in the trees along the riverbed, and it was hot but not unbearably so. This was my first time on Stetson, and I enjoyed him very much.
It is unbearably hot now, and I am happy to be in my studio working on tack.
These are Breyerfest sales halters numbers sixteen and seventeen. My goal is twenty. I'm almost there!
Hopefully, this heat will break soon, but until it does, I'll be doing my best to stay cool and be productive.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Both the ride and the tack-making. :) Love the two you have pictured in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, Stetson is soooooo chunky, what a hunk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stetson's so cute! I love that bronc halter too :)

    ReplyDelete