Saturday, May 13, 2017

Donkey days

Today was Spring Open House day at Longhopes Donkey Shelter.
The public was invited to tour the facilities...
and meet the donkeys. 
James has attended a lot of Longhopes events with me, but at fifteen, he'd rather play video games with his friends. I get it, but I can't say I'm pleased with this development. Fortunately, Teresa was more than happy to take his place.
We spent a fun morning cuddling donkeys of all sizes, 
shapes... 
and colors. 
Some, like Nacho...
and Serenity were old friends. 
Others, like Foster,
  Iroquois,
and Maude, were new faces. 
This donkey--I think his name is Matisse-- showed us how to do the hula hoop donkey style. 
 He held the hoop in his mouth and walked through it with his front legs.
Then he let go of it and walked through with his back legs. Good trick! 
This was such a fun day.
photo by Teresa Buzzell
I love Longhopes!

3 comments:

  1. I wished I lived near Longhopes! It seems like a wonderful place, and I know it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I miss donkey James.

    ReplyDelete