Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Pony break

I wasn't kidding. It really has been all work and no play around here lately. However, I did take a short break yesterday afternoon to visit Volte Farms in Brighton, Colorado.

Volte is Teresa's home away from home, and I was happy to meet her current ride, Waldo.
Waldo, whose registered name is I'm Lost, is a big, bay Thoroughbred...
with tons of personality. 
 I really enjoyed spending time with Waldo and Teresa.
The two of them together are a like a comedy show. 
So funny! 
We were also joined by Jennifer Scott, whose Morgan mare, Ivy, has recently moved to Volte for training.
Teresa, Jenn and I spent a lot of time trying to get Ivy to pose for our cameras. 
She wasn't entirely cooperative...
but eventually our efforts were rewarded.
Such a pretty girl! 
While we were there, Teresa introduced us to one of the most fabulous barn cats I have ever met.
Squeaks was a feral cat who came with the property when Michael and Shelly bought it. He has one eye, a notched ear and is mostly toothless.
He is also one of the sweetest cats I have ever met.
That was really a fun visit. Thanks to Teresa and Jenn for getting me out of studio at least for a little bit!

2 comments:

  1. Good break for you, I got out of a really shitty mood so good break for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got a break!

    I just made a new blog!
    http://herondalefarms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete