Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Summer

Today was the last day of school.

In previous years, the kids and I have celebrated this occasion together. This year, however, they both made other plans. And none of those plans included me.

I get it. I don't like it, but I get it.

So, instead of having lunch with Ryan and James, I spent some time with Santana.
We went on a leisurely trail ride, just the two of us. 
The river bottom was extra green and pretty...
and Santana was his usual perfect self.
It may not have been the way I hoped to spend the day, but I can't complain. This was a good morning, and maybe, just maybe, the kids will let me take them out for ice cream this evening.

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to believe another school year is behind us. Hopefully you guys got to have ice cream together this evening. :)
    Our daughter finished up on Monday and our middle son had a final yesterday. Our daughter spent last night with her friend, so she was gone all day today, but our middle son decided to have a friend over, so at least there were a couple of kids here. :) We never see our oldest these days, as he is in college, works full-time and has a girlfriend...It gets too quiet when my kiddos are gone from the house. Wish I lived closer - I would have loved to have gone on a trail ride. Your scenery is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete