Friday, October 16, 2015

So much happy

A few years ago, the kids and I drove to Colorado Springs to help Jim with NAN tags.

After several hours of hard work, we took a break, and Jim sent Ryan to the basement. This was not a punishment. Jim's basement was chock full of awesome

Ryan reappeared about five minutes later with an expression of dazed wonderment on his face. He stood in front of Jim and I and said, "So. Much. Happy."

That really pleased Jim, and he repeated those words several times over the course of the day.

In a few hours, I'll be heading down to Colorado Springs again, this time to attend Jim's wake and memorial. I know there will be a lot of tears, but I hope there will be a lot of happy, too.

As much as anyone I've ever met, Jim was "so much happy."

He was the kind of person who never met a stranger. Everyone was a friend, pretty much immediately. He had the rare ability to always make people feel better about themselves. He was smart, funny, generous, loud and obnoxious, all in the best kind of way.  

As sad as I am to say goodbye, I am equally grateful for having known him.

Clear skies.

5 comments:

  1. I think you have collectively spoken for all of us. We are all crying. We are all blessed to have known him and we will all remember Jim West as the guy we never wanted to leave. Godspeed and clear skies til we see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying goodbye to Jim was hard for all those who knew him. I still get teary eyed when I see pictures of him and his family. At least we know he is up there in Lego Land smiling down upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never met Jim, though I wish I had. After reading and looking at seeing so many stories and pictures of him, I can see that he was a wonderful person. Though I didn't know him, my heart hurts for everyone who is missing him. Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures about him. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete