Friday, October 23, 2015

Ahoy there mateys

It's no secret that I am a big fan of Erin Corbett's work, so I was really pleased when Teresa brought a new Corbett saddle to my house a couple Sundays ago. 

At first glance, this looks like a pretty typical Western pleasure set.
Closer inspection reveals something much more creative!
Although its currently in Teresa's possession, this saddle is owned by Carra McClelland. She asked Erin if she create a pirate themed saddle, with a treasure map in place of Erin's more usual floral tooling.
As you can see, Erin had no trouble fulfilling this request!
The tooling is different on each side...
and features all sorts of pirate items in addition to that treasure map. I especially like the parrot and the bottle of rum! 
Congratulations to Carra on her new saddles, and also to Erin for turning Carra's fanciful idea into a such a successful reality. Great work, ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Theme sadddles are fun. I particularly like the bejewelled skullcap! I hope the blanket to this saddle is red... or maybe blue to suggest the Caribbean waters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what color the saddle blanket will be, but it's going to be used on a gold (palomino) horse.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This saddle is SO awesome. I've been a huge fan of it ever since I first saw pictures of it in progress. Of course, I have a bit of a thing for piratey stuff - my birthday is on International Talk Like A Pirate Day after all... ;) This was such a neat idea and it is certainly an inspirational piece for an aspiring tack maker to drool over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a number of different saddle pads that could be used with this :) A green one, an ultramarine blue one, a pink one and a skull one.
    Or whatever Teresa decides to put with it. She is my performance proxy person and I let her do whatever she wants, basically.

    ReplyDelete