Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I heart Hartlands

The rescue Hartland has arrived safe and sound at his new home in Wisconsin.  Doesn't he look pretty with his eggplant blossom hat?
People who know me only as a resin and custom collector may be surprised to learn that my herd includes more than a couple Hartlands.  Today I am showing off a few of my favorites.

First up is Candy.  She is a replacement for my very first Hartland.  The original Candy came with a nursing foal named Dandy.  Both suffered broken legs and disappeared long ago.
This pretty buckskin family came from the same yard sale as new Candy.  Like Candy, they are somewhat smaller than classic scale.
Peridot is a bigger--she's on the small end of the traditional spectrum.  I bought her brand new in the box at a tack shop in 1987. 
I can't remember where I got Ricochet Rabbit, but he's also been with me since the late 1980's. 
The polo pony is perhaps my favorite Hartland mold.  I just love his face! 
This wood cut Tennessee Walking Horse came from an antique shop in Memphis, Tennessee.
Last but not least, is Smuggler.   
This big guy is a "newer" Hartland, having been produced in the early 1990's.  Like most of the Hartlands from that era, he sports an extremely attractive paint job.
You'll never see these or any of my other Hartlands at a show, but that doesn't mean they aren't treasured members of the BCS family.  I <3 my Hartlands! 

13 comments:

  1. I've always had a soft spot for the Hartland Polo Pony. Although I no longer have any of them, at one time I had 2 or 3. I do, however, still have a grey Arabian in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so awesome to see a TWH model that isn't exhibiting Big Lick movement or accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I LOVE the polo pony and Walking Horse! Gorgeous!

    The buckskin family is ringing a bell. I think I had a whole bunch of Hartlands as a kid, including that trio. Unfortunately they all disappeared at some point, along with some of my favorite Breyers. :-( Probably in a landfill in NJ, alas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY JENN I WAS WONDERING IF U ON HOW COULD MAKE A POST ON HOW MUCH RESINS COST AND WHERE TO GET THEM...I WANT ONE FOR CHRISTMAS BUT I DONT KNOW..THANKS FOR UR TIME.


    REBEKAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Model Horse $ales Pages is your single best place for resin shopping. Prices vary greatly, depending on the resin's size, popularity and whether or not it's finished. Good luck and happy shopping!

      Delete
  5. THANK U SO MUCH..HAPPY TACK MAKING.,LOL


    REBEKAH

    ReplyDelete
  6. by the way i love the pollo pony he is so cute..my new model horses are resins


    REBEKAH

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should totally show your Hartlands! A few of the shows here in region 6 have classes for "Other Make" - that is non-Stone and non-Breyer. Hollow Horse Live has a whole division. It's usually ruled by Schleich, but I'd love to see more Hartlands in the show rings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the original Candy and Dandy and the daddy, Randy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep telling myself I don't need to get into Hartlands, every time I see a cute one at an antique store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore Hartlands! :D You should show some of your guys in collectibility!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, thanks for showing off my little fellow :). He is my special King. I have a few Hartlands left and when they came out in the late 80's I bought several. I have since sold them all then found the large Arabian at the thrift store so I still have him. I also have the smaller woodcut in black Saddlebred stallion and foal. I bought them during one of Marney's Congress shows. She sold them to finance the show.

    I'm still waiting for my pair of mules I pre-ordered. Hartland was going to put out a really cool mule but then their factory was flooded and they never came to be. Never got refunded but oh well.

    ReplyDelete