Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Two down

I finished another saddle today.  
Color aside, this one is almost identical to Jane's saddle.  I made a couple small alterations to the skirts and left off the wear leather on the bottom of the flap.  
In my opinion, these are two of the nicest English saddles I've ever made.  I'm a lot slower than I used to be, but I think I'm getting better!
On a less positive note, I made an unpleasant discovery when I unpacked my Lorenz for this photo shoot... 
Sigh.  I'm not surprised really.  This guy sustained so much damage when he fell off my work desk.  I suspect this particular crack was just waiting to make its way to the surface.  In any event, I know what I'll be fixing as soon as I'm ready to take a break from saddles!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous saddle as always and too sad about the Lorenz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Lorenz is the project that never EVER ends. I am capable of fixing the new crack, but part of me wants to stick him back on the project shelf and not look at him for another year or two. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That....saddle...oh..my..wor- *gasps for breath* Falls out of chair*
    That was me just now.

    ReplyDelete