Thursday, October 25, 2012

Let it snow!

There is one good thing about not having a pony to ride--I'm no longer dreading the arrival of winter.
We had our first real snow of the season last night, and the dogs couldn't wait to get out and play in it. 
In all my years of dog ownership, I've never had a pair of young dogs.   For some reason, I always thought it was better to stagger the ages a bit.
Now I've seen the error of my ways.  I love to watch them play and play and play.
This can go on for hours.
Poor Darcy!  She tried and tried but she never did manage to get that chewy away from Emma!
After a couple hours of snow day fun, everyone had had enough.  We retreated to my warm little studio where the girls napped and I worked on Jane's saddle.  It's not done, but it's getting close!
There's more snow in the forecast tonight and, for once,  I'm not complaining.  This was a wonderfully fun and productive day.  I'll be happy to do it all over again tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing those beautiful photos of your happy girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Karen - LOVE seeing pictures of your dogs. I think you have some of the happiest dogs in the world and it always makes my heart smile to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is Emma even faster than a speeding Darcy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are absolutely adorable together! They look so happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Darcy and Emma had rough starts in life, and it makes me happy to see them doing so well. They're both wonderful dogs, and I feel privileged to have them in my life.

    Regan--Emma tries, but she has short legs. Darcy is definitely the faster of the two!

    ReplyDelete