Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quivering with anticipation

If you were to ask me how I spent my morning, I would probably say that today started where yesterday left off--with me locked inside my studio.  

Most of that time was productive.  I finished the side saddle, made and attached the sandwich case and prepared the girth buckles.  I might have even built the girths themselves, but I was slightly distracted by the view outside my window.
Just as a watched pot never boils, a watched mailbox guarantees a later than usual delivery.  Normally the mailman delivers between eleven and noon on Saturdays.  Today it was nearly one before he arrived.  I held my breath as the he exited his vehicle and walked around to the back.  All I could think was, "Please let my Purdy horse be in there!" 
Woo hoo!!!
Nothing says Purdy like pink fleece wrapping! 
And here he is!
This is Quiver.  He is a Breyer Salinero customized into a buckskin Lusitano stallion by Tiffany Purdy. 
Who would have guessed that I would be even more distracted now that Quiver is here?  I know I should get back to work but, just look at that face!  Swoon! 
And the double braided mane is a double swoon! 
Thank you so much Kellye (and Tiffany, too).  I love my brand new distraction!

10 comments:

  1. What a beauty, congrats! But what are these strokes on both sides of his face? Veins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! We have no snow at my house though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I can see why you were so distracted! NOM NOM NOM!
    I'm not a fan of the facial veins though, they're a little offputting. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually like painted on veins, either, but these don't bother me. I think the picture is making them look more prominent than they really are. Honestly, they don't jump out at you in person. Like all Tiffany's work, this horse is just jam packed with neat little details. I keep finding new features to admire!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool custom - Tiffany has done it again! Enjoy you new lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs are beautiful! I wouldn't have parted with him for any less cause than to feed my Braymere tack habit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a handsome guy! Is he yours to keep forever and ever, or is he just "on loan?" (I know there's a tack swap involved regardless) I'll be curious to see how you will exhibit him live. That bullfighting setup might be tough to beat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, there's no doubt that Quiver is here to stay. I'll be paying him off for a long time, but he's worth every strap and keeper!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty horse!!!!!!!!! I am a sucker for dilutes though!! haha!!!

    love the not-at-all-stalkerish photo's of mr. postie!! haha!

    ReplyDelete