Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Little (tack) shop of horrors

I won't kid you, six a.m. came really early this morning.  
After fifteen days of Christmas vacation, I've become accustomed to sleeping in.  Crawling out of bed at the crack of dawn was not an easy task, but I wasn't complaining.  On the contrary, I couldn't wait to get the kids off to school and myself into the studio.  It didn't even matter that the first order of business was Tiffany's pebbles scale strap goods extravaganza.  For the first time in ages, I was ready to work!
Of course, cheery New Year's optimism can only take a person so far.  After a couple hours, I was remembering exactly how much I hate making mini-tack!
Oh well, it's done now.  Ha!  I'd even say that it's done well. 
Will you paint me a pony now, Tiff?  Pretty please?

9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the sunrise was GORGEOUS today though :)

    I like the teenie tiny strap goods...very awesome, esp at that scale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't that a pretty sunrise? I don't usually take pictures of those because my view isn't so good, but this morning I couldn't resist!

    All those teeny tiny strap goods have working tongue buckles and the martingale has a proper stopper. It's madness, I tell you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was up at the butt-crack of dawn too...but that is normal, LOL! Love the sunrise pic and the pic of the reins with a penny. COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure is done well! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As ever, beeeeautiful tack!
    I'd like to see you do something in SM scale for a change though... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous sky! Doesn't even look real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work really does never fail to amaze me! :)

    Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look amazing!!!!!!!! How on earth do you make proper (mine always end up screwed!!) tongue buckles??!! Especially at sucha small scale!!!??!!

    ReplyDelete