Friday, January 20, 2012

Bargain Barn--Marissa's models

The newest members of the Bargain Barn belong to Marissa Helling.  She writes: I'm pretty frugal and I dont like getting overpriced horse. Haha.  In fact I don't even like if I get a horse at a normal price. Hahaha.  So I thought I would share a few of my bargain barn horses.

The rainbow pony, well, I don't know if you would actually want to think of him as a bargain, but technically he is.  I painted him in the free stablemate painting area at Breyerfest two years ago.  I really just showe him for comic relief.  I never expect him to win anything, but he sure did suprise me with this one! He beat out two other great horses in this class! So I would call him a bargain.
The grey performance model is Smokey. I got him for free from a friend, and I bought his tack in a set that was only $6 at Tuesday Morning!  Then I won his splint boots in a raffle at a show i went to. This set has worked out perfectly. 
The third pony is Honey Dew. She's a Galatea resin by Kristina Lucas-Francis, and she is my pride and joy.  I bought her at Breyerfest last year for $55 and NAN'd at her second show. I'm so proud of her.  But she does need a little fixing up because she has a teeny rub on her side.  I expect big things from her when I fix that up! 
Thank you so much for sharing your horses, Marissa.  What a perfect reminder that winners can come from just about anywhere!  If you would like to see one of your Bargain Barn horses featured here, please send photos and information to braymere@comcast.net.  

No comments:

Post a Comment