Sunday, January 8, 2012

Breyer buyer

It's been at least four years since I walked into a store and bought an original finish Breyer, but that's exactly what I did today.
As a pony lover and Eberl fan, this mold has been on my want list ever since she made her debut at last year's Breyerfest.
She's kind of an in between size.  Breyer describes her as a classic scale pony...
but she's not that much smaller than the traditional scale ponies.  
She'll need classic scale tack, though.  This traditional pony saddle is much too big. 
I bought her mostly for tack fitting purposes, so I haven't decided if she'll stay OF...
or be transformed into a small pony hunter. 
Either way, she's cute as a button.  Kudos to Breyer for adding another wonderful Eberl sculpture to their line-up!

6 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I bought one as well...but, that pony is just far too cute to pass up ;) Congrats on the new horse (pony, excuse me) and I can't wait to see what kind of tack you make for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me, I need to speak with you regarding the plastic perf Flick needing tack.

    (The real one needs a bridle but I haven't even thought about that one yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere in the last week/week and a half someone posted or I stumbled upon a picture of an *adorable* pony and thought the it would look striking on Roundapony--but you've already researched his color.

    When I heard you were looking for this model, it hit me that it would also be cute for her custom paint job.

    The problem is that after far too long (hours, seriously) searching for the pictures today, I finally had to admit defeat. Perhaps they were in the "live" horse section of Blab--which I can't see normally. DANG--I hate it when that happens!

    I wish you had seen it (maybe you did) but it was a pony I though you would find very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Oooh that second model in the 3rd picture! I have that one!. I bought it from at a yardsale along with what looks like a dapple grey Paso Fino and a galloping white Arab. All three are pretty beat up,and my roan looks like someone took paint stripper to it. But they're all from the same maker.
    Do you know who was the creator?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the haflinger! I ordered me one too this weekend! Lovely model!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathleen--That's a Breyer Classic Arabian stallion. The mold was originally sculpted by Maureen Love for Hagen Renaker who produced it in china. More info about the Breyer version can be found here.

    ReplyDelete