Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Saddleseat!

It's hard to believe but it's been almost two years since I made a saddleseat saddle.  Even more surprising--the most recent saddleseat pattern I had was dated 2008!  I've greatly improved my saddle making techniques since then, so the first step in making Erin's saddle involved revamping several pattern pieces.
Somewhere along the way, I decided I should make two saddleseat saddles rather than just one.  As is usually the case, these saddles appear more "finished" in pictures than they do in real life.  Still, it's fair to say that this has been a very productive day in my studio.
Also worth mentioning--only one of these saddles is spoken for.  The other is up for grabs.  Email me at braymere@comcast.net if you are interested.  The price for the saddle and girth is $200 and the buyer may also choose to order a matching bridle.  Preference goes to buyers who can pay in full, but time payments can arranged.

7 comments:

  1. Looks good Jennifer! Are they dark Havana in color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...pretty! I know how you feel, though - pictures never show the flaws, but hey, it makes great eyecandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The saddles are both dark brown. I always have the worst time with capturing their true color especially when shooting quick pictures with the flash. Still, this isn't far off...

    I didn't mention this in the post, but I am very pleased with the pattern changes. These have gone together very easily, as is evidenced by the fact that I got so much done in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww....I want one!! But I have no money, as usual. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. *eyes patterns picture happily*

    They look great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great!! I sometimes do the same, make 2 saddles if they are similar. Working on 2 Portuguese sets right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a suitable horse to put it on but I don't. For now I'll just have to drool over these pictures.

    ReplyDelete