Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Multiple small updates

I'm not even going to tell you how many hours I wasted on this today... 
Gimme S'more may have a cute face, but it's definitely not halter friendly.  I had to redo the noseband three separate times before it fit properly.  I thought about giving up more than once, but I really did not want to add another item to the unfinished project pile.  
Speaking of the unfinished project pile...  these saddleseat saddles are no longer amongst its numbers.  Progress may be slow, but at least there is progress!
One of those saddles will be heading across the ocean to Gimme S'more's former owner Erin Corbett.  Speaking of whom, Erin sent me this picture earlier today.  It was taken in 1997 and shows Erin and Cactus winning a Donkey Showmanship class at a big Donkey and Mule Show in Washington State.  Erin reports that they were the only "English" entries in the class.
Donkey Week will come to an end tomorrow when I post pictures from the Donkey Cart class at the National Western Stock Show.  After that, I promise, it will be back to horses!

7 comments:

  1. Your little donkey is just SO cute! And what a nice showmanship setup! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not a waste of time! Look how precious he is! CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those saddles are so accurate they make me want to go riding! Just have to congratulate you on the type of saddle that seems to be done incorrectly so often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo for both you and Erin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are inspiring me to try and make halters for my little donkeys.I just have the stablemate and schleich ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Erin - I LOVE Cactus' ears!! OMG, he is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christa--Thank you so much for saying that. I don't have much (any) real world experience with saddleseat saddles so I always feel a bit leery trying to build them in miniature. It's always good to hear that I'm on the right track!

    ReplyDelete