Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Almost wordless Wednesday

Today's pictures come from the Donkey Cart class held last week at the National Western Stock Show in Denver, Colorado.  This class was open to donkeys of all sizes and carts of all styles.  The competitors walked and trotted in both directions of the arena and before being called to the center to receive their ribbons.  As in the showmanship class, top honors went to the white donkey.  This was a very well trained donkey who had performed willingly all day.  However, even he wasn't immune to a little donkey stubborness.  When his number was called to receive the blue ribbon, he refused to walk forward and eventually an official had to come over and give him a jump-start!














5 comments:

  1. Wow - donkeys, donkeys, and more donkeys! I love the cart that looks like it has - car tires? - on it! All donkeys have their stubborn streaks, believe me - I work around three of them! Very personable and smart creatures just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hadn't intended to turn this into a blog about donkeys, but sometimes things just take on a life of their own!

    Tomorrow, I'll get back to horses and tack.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks so much for posting all the lovely photos from the shows. I wish Jasmine was a harness candidate. She would be fun! Hm...might try her in marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need a donkey.... they're soooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren--I've seen pictures of Teaspoon so I think you already have all the cute you need! :)

    ReplyDelete