Friday, January 14, 2011

New and old

The camera wasn't the only exciting new toy I got last week.  I also received a pair of rider dolls from Anne Field.  One of them was this junior Western pleasure girl customized with new, longer legs.
At first I was worried those legs were a little bit too long.  That was before I realized she might be just perfect for my old Margaret Teller Western pleasure saddle.
This saddle predates the new style Brenda doll by a couple years.  To make it work with her legs, I had to remove and rehang the fenders.  Although the stirrups were still on the short side, I was able to make it work reasonably well.
This, however, is better!  I was able to restore the saddle to its original state which pleases me to no end.  I am such a big fan of Margaret Teller's work, and I was never really like the changes I'd made to this saddle.
Of course every Western doll needs her own saddle blanket, so here's a look at the newest unfinished project on my work desk.  
Thanks for trading, Anne!  I can't wait to get my new doll and my old saddle into the show ring.  Won't they look great on Gizette or Chip?

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a great sitting doll! She looks fantastic. Gorgeous saddle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your very welcome! Let me know if you need any more dolls. I am pretty sure I need some more tack ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice start there Jennifer! And you better show someone with that - Chip OR Gizette would look stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the doll - 'specially the chaps! - and the saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really looks as if she was made for this saddle. The saddlepad-pattern already looks very neat.

    ReplyDelete