Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to work

The house was so quiet after the kids left for school this morning!  

I would have loved to celebrate the silence by finishing my book, but I opted to be a responsible tackmaker and start Anne's saddle instead.  Anne needs this saddle for the Hearts N Horse Live Show which will be held next month in the Netherlands.  That's a long journey for a little saddle, and I want to be sure she has it in plenty of time.

Typically saddles take two days to build.  With the seat section finished and the flaps cut out, this one is right on track.
Hopefully, tomorrow I will have finished pictures to share.  For now, I'm going to call it a day and see if I can read a chapter or two before I start dinner!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, you are so good! Whatcha' reading? And hey, do you have a basic price list? I am interested in having you make me a couple halters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Christine said - whatcha reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the newest Kathy Reichs book Spider Bones. Not her best, not her worst and I probably won't remember it at all this time next week. Still, it was a pleasant way to pass the post dinnertime lull!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooo excited! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    I'll have to find wood to make a saddle stand for it so it can sit comfortably when not on a horse :)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouw, looks nice so far!
    I'm afraid my saddle will end below yours anne...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you use the tooling calf on the flaps? I used cowskin once (similar thickness I think), but I didn't like it so I started using skiver for everything...
    Reading for fun...*sigh*. I haven't picked up my Phantom Stallion book in over a week! *sniffles*...

    ReplyDelete