Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year/New Goals

One of my hobby goals for the New Year is to devote more time to finishwork.  To that end, I spent the morning clearing the mostly unused left side of my work desk.  The plan is to convert this area into a customizing, prepping and painting station.
Of course, I had to try it out right away.  Poor old Blue Wing has been in progress for years.  Maybe 2011 will be the year he finally gets finished!
Liz Shaw of Tick Tock Studio posted the most amazing close up picture of one of her works in progress on Model Horse Blab yesterday.  I am sad to say that my roaning is nowhere near the quality of hers...
Still, that's the standard I'm striving for.  It's probably not a realistic goal, but on the first day of a brand New Year all things are possible, right?

3 comments:

  1. I'd say your roaning is looking pretty darn good! Nice work on a very cool piece. I would love to see more posts about customizing! Keep up the good work in 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean? Your roaning is lovely! Oh, and more close-ups of detailed customs would make me giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are much more brave than I!

    ReplyDelete