Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Willow Tree Live 2017

On Saturday, Teresa and I packed our bags, boxes and totes and piled into her car.
We drove up, 
over... 
and through the mountains... 
to Grand Junction, Colorado.
Since it was still early, we met up with fellow travelers, Fabian and Kiersten and spent the evening walking around downtown Grand Junction. 
So fun! 
The next morning, we woke up bright and early and headed over to the Intermountain Adventist Academy, home of Garret Dupper's The Willow Tree Live.
This was a smallish, three division live show. My main focus was performance, where I showed Formal Attire, my BHR Loper.
Teresa also showed a BHR Loper, and we ended winning champion and reserve. That model is a performance shower's dream!
I also brought a number of horses for the combined custom and resin division.
Hoka Hey was Overall Grand Champion with Cuter Than Meeka in reserve.
I did not show in the original finish classes. Top prizes went to fellow Front Rangers, Alex Aarons...
and Dana D'Ippolito. 
After the show, I had dinner and drinks with Teresa, Fabian, Kiersten and Shelly. Again, we had so much fun!
The next morning, Teresa and crossed the mountains again.
It was another beautiful drive and a great way to wrap up a most pleasant weekend.
Thank you to judges, Amber Schultz, Dana D'Ippolito and Shelly Nelson and show holder, Garrett Dupper. I really enjoyed the Willow Tree Live!

2 comments: