Friday, April 21, 2017

Last minute crazy

I have been planning to attend Sunday's show for months, but I didn't actually get around to making a performance plan until this morning. That's also when I decided it would be really fun to show my BHR Loper.
I have spent the entire day thinking up entries, creating documentation, fitting tack, building a bridle, repairing various bits and pieces...
and painting my horse's tail. 
Also, I found my sticky wax
It's been a really long day. I wish I had started sooner, but I think I will have twelve solid entries to show on Sunday. Tomorrow morning I pack the halter horses and the clothes and toiletries. Then Teresa picks me up at noon, and it's Grand Junction or bust!

(Hopefully not bust)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, good thing on finding your stick wax! :P Loper is absolutely gorgeous, I love the color! Good luck this weekend, I'm looking forward to reading your experiences! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say, the rule of sticky wax: As soon as you buy new tub of sticky wax, you will find old tub of sticky wax. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an expert in last minute crazy (as my NaMoPaiMo horse showed). I don't think I've ever gone to a show that I haven't done some last minute crazy, usually painting custom horses or assembling other *needed* items.. that I didn't need to make early apparently.. ;) It sounds like it all turned out well!

    ReplyDelete