Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Pony party

When I was a kid, I used to spend long hours concocting improbable gift horse fantasies. Even though I knew it was never going to happen, I dreamed of finding a nameplate halter under the Christmas tree or going to the barn on my birthday and discovering my favorite horse's stall decorated with balloons and and ribbons.

That happened to a girl I knew, except the actual gifting took place on Valentine's Day instead of her birthday. 

Can you imagine getting a horse for Valentine's Day? I thought she was the luckiest girl in the world.
Cinnamon and I in the foreground, Heather on her Valentine's Day gift horse right behind us
Unrealistic, childhood dream fulfillment has always been a part of my hobby life. How else could I ever own so many horses of every breed, type and color? 
And now, because of model horses, I finally get to experience that long imagined pony party.
I recently purchased this fun group of party props from Kim Jacobs.

It includes everything you'd need for a proper pony party--banners, balloons, food... 
and lots and lots of Breyers! 
The only thing that's missing is a pony, and I have plenty of those. 
I don't usually enter scene classes, but this might have to happen. I've waited a long time for my pony party, and I want to make sure all my friends are invited.

2 comments: