Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Fantastic fantasies

I like my horses to look like horses. 
I have no interest in owning a unicorn, a pegasus, a hippocamp or any other made up horse-like creature.
Despite this, I really enjoyed the Custom Fantasy class at this year's BreyerWest Open Show
NAMHSA doesn't recognize hippocamps (sea horses), but that didn't stop judge, Lesli Kathman, from placing this sweet little creature first. 
She was my favorite, too. I loved the teeny-tiny, delicate details.
And then there was this guy... 
I guess he's a zombie horse?
I found him simultaneously repulsive and intriguing. I didn't want to look at him, but I couldn't seem to look away!
I may not ever participate in a fantasy class, but I'm glad this part of the hobby exists. Thanks to everyone who brought their fantasy horses to BreyerWest!

No comments:

Post a Comment