Saturday, May 7, 2016

Derby day

This morning I received an email from Breyer inviting me to celebrate Derby day with American Pharoah.
Thanks to Tiffany, that is exactly what I am doing. This lovely American Pharoah model was delivered to my door about an hour ago.
I especially love the inscription on the base: 2015 Triple Crown Winner. It's been a year, but it still doesn't feel real. 
Of course, there's never just one thing in a Tiffany box. American Pharoah was accompanied by a horse and dog for my niece, Liliana...
and the most amazing un-grounding gift.
I've wanted a piece of tack by Jacquee Gillespie ever since I laid eyes on Sheila Bishop's alpaca reined bridle in 2009.
This bosal is amazing. Tiffany, you are officially un-grounded! Thank you! Thank you! 
There was one other thing in the box, but that does not officially belong to me, at least not yet. 
When/if it does, I will share complete photos. Trust me, they will be worth the wait.

3 comments:

  1. I got AP earlier this year. Breyer did a great job on him. I started making his tack and plan on also making a jockey and track rail. Trying to figure out the best way to turn that half cheek bit into a dexter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you figure it out, please let me know!

      Delete
  2. All the replays they showed of AP winning during the pre-race show yesterday still gave me chills. He is such an amazing horse. I hope to meet him next year when I go down to Rolex.

    ReplyDelete